Petronas discovers new hydrocarbon deposits in Malaysia, Indonesia

The Star Online

Published: Friday December 13, 2013 MYT 1:20:00 PM

KUALA LUMPUR: Petronas has discovered new hydrocarbon deposits from its explorations in Malaysia and Indonesia.

The national oil corporation said gas has been found via the Sintok-1 well in the offshore Block SK320, about 240Km north-west of Bintulu, Sarawak.

“Block operator Mubadala Petroleum drilled the well to a total depth of 2,775 metres and discovered gas in the main target reservoir. Data indicates the well to have a gas column of 292 metres,” said Petronas in a statement.

Petronas said the Sintok-1 well was the third gas discovery in Block SK320 for the joint-venture partners and it was also the second discovery in the block for this year after Pegaga-1.

Petronas’ subsidiary, Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, has a 25% equity in the production-sharing contract (PSC).

Meanwhile, Petronas Carigali Ketapang Ltd, which has been drilling the Bukit Tua South-2 appraisal well at offshore East Java, Indonesia, discovered its total depth of 2,176 metres early last month.

“A drill-stem test (DST) conducted recorded a flow rate of 1,656 barrels of oil per day at two-inch choke size and another DST will also be carried out for the shallower Kujung reservoir,” it said.

Petronas holds 80 per cent equity in the Ketapang PSC while its joint-venture partner, PT Saka Ketapang Perdana, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PT Saka Energi Indonesia, holds the remaining 20 per cent interest.

Overall, the national oil company is present in seven PSCs in Indonesia and is the operator for three of the ventures.

 

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2013/12/13/PETRONAS-DISCOVERS-NEW-HYDROCARBON-DEPOSITS-IN-MALAYSIA-INDONESIA.aspx

Advertisements

About artidj

I started working as a field engineer in Oil & Gas industry back in 1996. I do this news clipping of the industry and the geography I am interested in, mainly for my own information. I'm glad you find it useful.
This entry was posted in E&P, Exploration, Indonesia, Malaysia, Upstream and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s